expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 15 April 2012

handmade wishes

last weekend my immediate family all got together for the first time in a long time. i have nieces and nephews. the girls are older than the boys. it's always great fun to see them play together. over easter they got to hang out. the day my brother arrived to make it a full house it was my birthday. throughout the busy day i was presented with handmade birthday wishes. my nieces are prolific with pen and paper. not until i was tidying up this weekend did i realise how prolific. 


this one melted my heart. the oldest wrote it. each one of the four signed their own name.



then came all the pictures and cards. love. the oldest is six. the youngest four. i love how my sister and sister in law have encouraged them to be creative. fueled their imagination. allowed them to express themselves. be it with words. pictures. clothes. each have their own specific personalities and style. it is my honour to be an auntie come climbing frame to each one.











none of them put their names to anything. i can guess. but. i love that i got sunshine. smiles. and rainbows. after all isn't that what life is all about? i still dream in colour. i hope when they are grown they will do that too.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment